May 11, 2015
ASAHI INTECC USA, Inc.
Yoshinori Terai, President and CEO
ASAHI INTECC USA to Start Direct Sales of Peripheral Guide Wires in the U.S. on July 1st, 2015.
ASAHI INTECC USA, Inc. announces the commencement of direct sales of the ASAHI INTECC manufactured peripheral guide wires (guide wires for treatment of peripheral arteries). ASAHI INTECC USA, Inc. will undertake direct sales of the peripheral guide wires as of July 1, 2015.
ASAHI INTECC’s peripheral guide wires have to date been sold by Cardiovascular Systems Inc. (CSI). As of July 1, 2015, ASAHI INTECC USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of the ASAHI INTECC Group, will begin selling peripheral guide wires to U.S. hospitals (including hospital group providers) via its direct sales organization.
To ensure a smooth transition and continued support for the treatment of peripheral arterial disease (PAD), ASAHI INTECC and CSI will collaborate on the following activities:
- CSI will maintain exclusive rights to distribute ASAHI INTECC peripheral guide wires until June 30, 2015.
- ASAHI INTECC USA, Inc. will begin contacting US hospitals to ensure uninterrupted supply of peripheral guide wires.
- ASAHI INTECC USA and CSI will collaborate on a Medical Education event to be held on Thursday May 28th, 2015 in New Orleans. The purpose of the event will be to educate physicians on Critical Limb Ischemia (CLI), procedural techniques to address anatomical challenges and proper use of CSI and ASAHI devices.
- ASAHI INTECC USA will provide simulator-based training on techniques to cross complex lesions associated with critical limb ischemia (CLI) at upcoming conferences and hospitals.
Mr. Masahiko Miyata, President and CEO, ASAHI INTECC Co., Ltd., added, “ASAHI’s PTA guide wires have been successful due to the collaboration between physicians and ASAHI INTECC’s research and development engineers. I am confident that these guide wires will enable physicians to successfully treat critical limb ischemia and PAD and improve the lives of patients.”
About ASAHI INTECC Co., Ltd.
ASAHI INTECC Co., Ltd. manufactures medical devices, industrial materials and innovative products with a unique and unprecedented wire processing technology. ASAHI’ operations are spread across the US, Europe, Singapore, China and Hong Kong and are headquartered in Nagoya, Japan. ASAHI INTECC USA, Inc. is located in Santa Ana, California. For more information on ASAHI INTECC’s Medical products handled by ASAHI INTECC USA, Inc., please visit us at www.asahi-inteccusa-medical.com.
- 13 May 2015ASAHI INTECC USA to Start Direct Sales of Peripheral Guide Wires in the U.S.May 11, 2015 ASAHI INTECC USA, Inc. Yoshinori Terai, President and CEO ASAH...
- 06 Nov 2012News Release :: Asahi Chikai and Asahi Chikai 10 LaunchASAHI INTECC CO., LTD. announces the launch of ASAHI CHIKAI and ASAHI CHIKA...